Biocompatible Dental Implants Near Mount Kisco, NY
Love Your Smile Again
If you are missing one or more teeth, then dental implants may be the perfect solution for you. Dental implants near Mount Kisco, NY, can provide you with new teeth that look and function just like your natural teeth.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a permanent replacement for your damaged or missing tooth. We surgically position a steel “tooth root” into the jawbone below the gumline. Once your implant heals and securely fuses to the jawbone, we create a natural-looking crown as a cap. Your new tooth will look, feel, and function just like your natural tooth.
Under proper conditions, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Replace one or more teeth without affecting your surrounding teeth.
- Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
- Create a more aesthetic appearance.
- Increase your self-confidence.
- Allow you to eat what you wish.
What Are Implants Made of?
Today’s implants are made of titanium mixed with aluminum and vanadium. When we screen for biocompatibility, we find that most people are sensitive to the cheaper titanium alloys, which is why The Center For Holistic Dentistry uses implants manufactured in Europe, where standards for biocompatibility are more stringent.
In this video, Dr. Lerner shares the shortcomings of dentures from years ago and how advanced implants of today are a much healthier and functional solution.
Benefits of Pure Titanium Implants
- Our team has many successful results.
- Titanium implants are made in two parts. The part that goes below the gum can be covered when the implant is placed to provide undisturbed healing. The part that goes above the gum to hold the tooth can be screwed into place later, and the shape is customized to adapt to the requirements of your bite or for cosmetics.
- Pure titanium is one of the most biocompatible metals with years of use in orthopedic medicine.
- Titanium implants encourage an intimate adhesion of bone around them, which makes them suitable for the long-term replacement of teeth.
- For some time, we used only pure titanium implants because we found that most patients are not sensitive to pure titanium. We now offer implants that are metal-free and made of Zirconia.
Benefits of Metal-Free Zirconia Implants
- Zirconia is biocompatible and interacts well with your natural gum and bone.
- Metal-free implants are biological dental implants, meaning they’re a more holistic option for those interested in treatments that support total health.
- Zirconia is a preferred aesthetic choice. Titanium dental implants may cause a dark line around the gum. Zirconia is a more natural color and eliminates this effect.
- When it comes to dental hygiene, zirconia is favored by many periodontists because it discourages the buildup of plaque and tartar in a way that titanium does not. That means less risk of gum disease in the future.
- Because of the increased interest in holistic dentistry and metal-free treatments, zirconia dental implants are gaining in popularity. For patients who suffer from sensitivity to titanium, metal-free dental implants are a great choice.
Implant Retained Teeth-in-a-Day
Randy elected to have new teeth that are held in place by six implants on the top and six implants on the bottom. This is what we call A New You Guided Smile. After careful planning with our team of skilled technicians, we are able to remove all of your remaining failing teeth, place implants, and have you leave the office with a new smile all in the same day, just like was done for Randy.
Learn More About Dental Implants Near Mount Kisco, NY
To experience our exceptional dental care, schedule your New Patient Exam by calling 914-245-4041 or by clicking here. Your appointment includes a comprehensive review of your health history and concerns; an evaluation of your teeth, bite, gums, and airway passage; low-radiation digital x-rays; and a discussion of your options with a personalized treatment plan. We look forward to meeting you!
As the premier holistic dental practice in Yorktown Heights, N.Y. and the Hudson Valley Region., our dentist and team at The Center For Holistic Dentistry also provide 5-star dental care to patients from Cortlandt Manor, Katonah, Mount Kisco, Briarcliff Manor & Westchester County, N.Y., and the surrounding areas.